Century City Teen Marijuana Addiction Treatment
How to Identify a Teen With a Marijuana Addiction?
- Academic performance drops gradually, and they become disinterested in their studies.
- The teen might drop their old friends and pick new ones.
- The teen might become disinterested in social gatherings.
- The teen loses interest in activities that were once their favorite.
Teen Marijuana Addiction
Teen Marijuana addiction refers to a condition in which the teenager becomes a frequent user and dependent on Marijuana, despite the imminent adverse effects. There are some most frequently used drugs abused by adolescents. When teens are addicted to Marijuana, they increase the amount they smoke and frequency, making the body more tolerant, and the user needs to consume more to feel the same euphoric feeling. This condition can disorient the normal functioning of the body and brain.
The risk and extent of adolescent Marijuana addiction depend on many instances. Taking Marijuana in liquid, wax, and solid forms increases the chances of addiction to smoking because the concentrates of THC are much higher. Marijuana dabs last longer than we can imagine. On the other hand, smoking marijuana in resin form also increases dependence due to the high THC levels of dried plant parts.
Contact us to learn more about our Teen Marijuana Abuse Treatment Program.
How Does Teen Marijuana Addiction Occur?
Living in Century City, where Cannabis is legal, once a teen smokes for the first time and likes it, odds are they’ll continue smoking. There are so many effects of Cannabis on a child’s brain and body. Teen Marijuana addiction is a complex process that involves tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabinoid receptors in the brain. When a teen takes Marijuana, the THC activates the brain receptors, improving mood and pleasure.
Long-term marijuana use leaves the receptors activated, making the user experience an abnormal craving for more Marijuana. Marijuana addiction might impair brain development in teens, leading to several symptoms. It’s imperative to stop your teenager from smoking weed as soon as possible. The licensed therapists at our Teen Marijuana Abuse Treatment Program have highly effective communication methods to help teens get through these struggles.
What are the Symptoms of Teen Marijuana Addiction?
- Dry Mouth: Also referred to as cottonmouth, dry mouth is a common symptom of addiction to Marijuana. THC binds with the cannabinoid receptors and submandibular glands, inhibiting saliva production, hence dry mouth.
- Bloodshot Eyes: Marijuana dilates blood capillaries in the eyes, leading to low pressure. The dilated blood capillaries cause more blood to flow into the eyes, red eyes.
- Intense Hunger: Marijuana addiction activates ghrelin and anandamide hormones, which cause feelings of starvation, hence increased appetite.
- Fatigue: Some marijuana strains might induce sedative effects upon addiction, leaving the user exhausted and less productive.
- Slurred Speech and Memory: Marijuana addiction impairs the temporal lobe in the brain, leading to slurred speech and short-term memory loss.
Cognitive Symptoms of Marijuana Use
The most cognitive teen marijuana addiction symptoms are:
- Low Reaction Time: Marijuana addiction might impair the limbic system, leading to low reaction time.
- Difficulty in Thinking: Marijuana addiction is synonymous with poor thinking ability, mainly due to the cerebrum’s impairment.
- Loss of Concentration, Distorted Perceptions, & Cognition: Severe marijuana addiction distorts the prefrontal cortex, leading to adverse effects on memory, concentration, and cognitive abilities.
Besides the above symptoms, teenage marijuana addicts might find it hard to solve problems due to poor temperament.
Behavioral Symptoms of Marijuana Use
Here is a breakdown of the behavioral symptoms of teen marijuana addiction:
- Mood Swings & Irritability: Marijuana addicts might become moody and violent.
- Pilferage: Teens might develop a habit of petty theft to finance marijuana addiction.
- Social Isolation: When teens become addicted to Marijuana, especially Indica strains, they avoid interacting with other people.
Psychological Symptoms of Marijuana Use
Psychological symptoms of adolescent marijuana addiction include:
- Fear and Paranoia: Some teens develop paranoia when addicted to Marijuana. For example, they might hallucinate that police are chasing them.
- Anxiety and Depression: Anxiety and depression are common among marijuana addicts, especially the youths. Marijuana causes them to overthink and, in the process, end up depressed.
- Dissociation: Dissociation is a common psychological symptom of teen marijuana addiction. It is characterized by derealization, amnesia, identity confusion, and depersonalization.
Teen Marijuana Addiction Withdrawal Symptoms
Quitting Marijuana can sometimes lead to withdrawal symptoms. In some cases, the withdrawal symptoms might be so adverse that the addict slip back to using Marijuana, a condition referred to as a relapse.
Common withdrawal symptoms for teen marijuana addiction are:
- Mood swings, including irritability, depression, and anxiety
- Depression and anxiety
- Craving for Marijuana
- Eating disorders, especially loss of appetite
- Suicidal thoughts or actions
Teen Marijuana Addiction Treatment Century City
Most parents don’t know what to do if their teenagers are using drugs or addicted to Marijuana. Key Healthcare offers effective teen marijuana addiction treatments in Century City and a renowned Teen Outpatient Program, which helps teens through detox and therapy. Teen marijuana addiction can be very serious.
Detox Treatment for Teen Marijuana Addiction in Century City
Detox is a medical procedure that removes drug components from the body. The structure of marijuana components is complex; therefore, detox cannot be applied as a treatment plan.
Therapy Treatment for Teen Marijuana Addiction in Century City
Century City Teen Marijuana addiction treatment centers such as Key Healthcare mainly use a combination of teen individual therapy, teen family therapy, teen music therapy, teen art therapy, teen exercise therapy, teen yoga therapy, teen surf therapy, teen group therapy, teen spiritual therapy, individual therapy, group therapy due to its high effectiveness.
Therapists may use Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). This therapy involves preparing the addict mentally to cope with a drug-free life. CBT helps the addict to manage withdrawal effects and gain self-control.
Let Key Healthcare Help You With Your Teen Marijuana Addiction Treatment in Century City
Fighting marijuana addiction is the first step toward improving a teen’s life. Key Healthcare Teen Marijuana Treatment Center helps those adolescents of Century City suffering from marijuana addiction. We Also have other Teen drug addiction treatments and teen treatment programs like:
- Teen Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Adolescent opiate addiction treatment
- Teen Cocaine Addiction Treatment
- teen mental health treatment
- teen xanax treatment
- teen depression treatment
- teenage anxiety treatment
- teen trauma treatment
- Teen Internet Addiction Treatment
- Teen Trauma and PTSD Treatment
- Teen Anger Management Treatment
- Teen Narcissistic Personality Disorder Treatment