What is Teen Internet Addiction?
Signs and Symptoms Of Teenage Internet Addiction:
Internet addiction in teens is a fairly common phenomenon that affects many teens in Los Angeles, Brentwood, Santa Monica, Westwood, Pacific Palisades, or Beverly Hills. Although the rest of the world isn’t very different in that regard. People from all walks can suffer from internet addiction and often manifest a slew of common symptoms. Several studies have shown that one might become addicted to the web by spending a lot of their idle time watching videos, scrolling through social media, or playing online games.
- Increase in sudden mood changes.
- Overly conscious about the internet and its activity. This includes being worried all the time about what’s happening online or about their footprint on the internet.
- Unable to properly manage their time.
- They need to spend a lot of time online to feel better, often isolated from their surroundings.
- Withdrawal symptoms like depression and lack of motivation.
- Use of the internet even after arguments with loved ones or damage to their social and professional life.
Types of Internet Addiction in Teens:
1. Cybersex Addiction
Cybersex addiction is one of the more commonly known internet habits. This includes online pornographic media, grown-up sites, sexual fantasies/adult role-play talk rooms, XXX webcam services. Getting addicted to any of these services could negatively impact creating real-life healthy, loving, or sexual relationships. Patients often go to a Los Angeles Teen Internet Addiction Treatment Program, where they are given the best possible therapy through an evidence-based teen outpatient program.
2. Net Compulsions
3. Online Relationships Addiction
4. Information Seeking Addiction
5. Video Game addiction
Nowadays, there are thousands of games available on every kind of electronic device. While gaming is not a harmful activity, it can become a problem when it affects work, studies, or social interactions. If your teenager is suffering from internet addiction, contact us today to learn more about our Teen Addiction Treatment.