Teen Trauma and PTSD Treatment
A severe psychological disorder might arise in individuals who have been through a very traumatic experience in life. This is called post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD. It negatively affects all areas of a teen’s life, from avoidance syndrome to frequent flashbacks and terrible nightmares. Moving forward from a traumatic event can be very difficult. Professional teen trauma treatment is one of the best recovery options.
How Does Trauma Affect Teens?
- Feeling nervous or angry due to their trauma.
- When the case gets worse, they use drugs or alcohol or get involved in a fight.
- Some are promiscuous, overeat, or run away to deal with their trauma.
- Disturbed sleep routines
- Inability to concentrate in school.
- Continuous flashbacks, leading to fear and the sense that the traumatic event keeps happening repeatedly.
- The feeling of being disconnected from their bodies. Uncontrollable reactions and rage. If not immediately treated, this can dramatically affect the teen’s well-being.
What is Teen Trauma PTSD Treatment?
There Are Several Types of Teen Trauma Treatments Available:
What Are The Primary Goals of Teen Trauma Treatment?
- Equip teens with safe coping skills to prevent relapse.
- Help them get over drug or substance addictions caused by trauma.
- Assist them in regaining control.
- Help them understand their hereditary traumas.
- Divert their focus from the past event and into the present.
- Try to lessen or eliminate the trauma symptoms.
- Make them accept or overcome the reality of the traumatic event that occurred in the past.
Teen Trauma Treatment at Key Healthcare
Teen Trauma Treatment at Key Healthcare helps teens with PTSD fully understand their traumatic experiences and cope with their symptoms. Our teen trauma PTSD treatment is incorporated in various programs to achieve long-lasting recovery results. Moreover, your teen will have the support, guidance, and motivation to face their traumas and fears confidently.
We at Key Healthcare can offer the best possible help by providing substance abuse treatment for youth to cure their various addictions. Our Los Angeles Adolescent Intensive Outpatient is catered to each teen and their unique circumstances. This is a 30-90 day program, and that timeframe is typically needed to see significant progress and recovery.