However, they are not aware of the consequences of their actions. Drinking alcohol or smoking weed from a young age may create several lifelong problems as a teen grows older. Teens become so habitual that parents can’t even know that their child has smoke weed or not. Alcohol and tobacco consumption from a young age may have several negative effects of drugs on the teenage brain. It is very important to educate kids on drugs, to make teenagers realize the ill effects of drug abuse at an early age and don’t fall prey to teen drug addiction, others develop a dependency on them.
It’s very common that a teen who has experimented with drugs will gradually move on to consuming more dangerous drugs. It is important for parents to know what drugs are most frequently used by adolescents so that they can take right actions on time. This article discusses some teenage drug addiction facts that will help you to know about your child addiction and get them the best teenage drug addiction treatment, such as our adolescent intensive outpatient program.
Some Teenage Drug Addiction Facts That You Might Not Have Known About Drug Abuse
4. Teen drug abuse has long-term effects on the health of individuals. Most teenagers who start consuming alcohol and tobacco from a young age do not recognize the health risks associated with it. Regular consumption of marijuana can have several long-term health effects, this is why parents quickly seek out teen marijuana addiction treatment.
5. Binge drinking and teen alcohol use pose some serious threats and challenges to Los Angeles teenagers. Binge drinking refers to the act of consuming multiple bottles of alcohol at a time, which leads to becoming extremely drunk. There are many risks associated with binge drinking, some of the most common being alcohol poisoning, injuries caused by falling or drowning, having unprotected sex that might lead to sexually transmitted diseases, indulging in violence, brain, liver, and heart damage, and even suicidal thoughts. We offer an industry-leading Los Angeles teen alcohol addiction treatment program, which will provide structure and therapy for your teen struggling with alcohol issues.
6. Teen drug abuse doesn’t always have to be related to alcohol or tobacco consumption. Many parents don’t know that their teen is struggling with drugs. Sometimes, teenagers may take medicines not prescribed to them and derive the pleasure of intoxication from that medication. While some take unprescribed medicine to boost their energy levels, others merely take it because it makes them feel good. Once they become addicted, they simply cannot evade the habit. Drug abuse has done no good for anyone. We at Key Healthcare offer the best teen drug addiction treatment. Consumption of un-prescribed medicines can have many negative effects on individuals’ bodies, which can prove fatal in some situations.
Some Common Drugs That Teenagers Consume
- Tobacco Products: These are the most common kind of drugs that teenagers resort to. Products like cigars, cigarettes, and chewing tobacco are also easily accessible to them through family members, older friends, or stealing.
- Cannabinoids: More commonly known as herb, pot, weed, cannabis, or marijuana. Cannabis can create a very bad effect on teenagers brain and body. Since the legalization of marijuana in many states, the ability to purchase it has increased and made it much more available to teens. Teen marijuana addiction has skyrocketed as the social norm becomes “cool” to smoke weed.
How to Stop Teenage Drug Addiction?
Our experts at Key Healthcare will guide you through the process, and provide support to make sure that you or your teen gets to live a healthy life. Our procedures are supervised by a fully accredited team of medical professionals. We offer an industry-leading Los Angeles Teen Treatment Program where we focus on structure, mentorship, and helping the teen follow and develop passions. The earlier you tackle your teen’s trouble, the better it will be for your family in the long run. We’re here to help!