Experts explain that adolescents face a significant amount of stress and pressure brought by everyday matters.
- One out of six people is an Adolescent (Aged 6-17), the global burden of Mental Diseases affecting Teenagers accounts for 16%.
- It shot up to 75% by the Age of 24.
- The 4th leading cause of death in Teens between 15 and 19 is suicide
Always worrying about something
An intense feeling of fear and criticisms
Prolonged feeling of extreme feeling of sadness/tiredness
Extreme lack of appetite or increased hunger
Overuse of alcohol, drugs, and other substances
no matter how challenging, you should take a step to provide support and seek help before it’s too late.
- Encourage them to open their feelings, to show you their emotions, value what they feel, as well as their opinions and ideas.
- You can help your Teen identify who are the Best People they can talk to.
- Promote Good Teen Mental Health Treatment
- You can talk to different professionals, such as local mental health services, social workers, school counselors, and community health services.
Residential treatment programs
Hospital Inpatient Treatment for Mental Health
Outpatient Teen Mental Health Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Group Teenage Therapy.
Individual Teenage Therapy.
Treating adolescents for mental health illnesses requires time, patience, and genuine care. The good thing is, you, as a parent, don’t need to do it alone.
Do not randomly choose one because it’s convenient, and don’t think that every service, Protocols, and Process are the same.
- Teenagers with Mental Illnesses is that they are Violent and Dangerous and will Worsen when they become Adults.
- Therapy For Kids is a Waste of Time
- Many people think that when a person with a mental illness goes to a clinic, the doctor will just prescribe medication.
- Mental Illness is a Sign of Personal Weakness