What are Marijuana Dabs?
What Happens to Your Body After Marijuana Consumption?
How Long Does It Take to Feel the Effects, and How Long Do They Last?
- Amount of marijuana dabs consumed.
- The amount of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) the dabs contain.
- The physical condition of the user, such as weight.
- The user’s metabolism, and if they have eaten anything before dabbing.
- Tolerance against the drug.
How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Urine/Saliva/Hair/Blood?
1. How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Urine
2. How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Saliva
3. How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Hair
4. How Long Does Marijuana Stay Blood
Factors That Affect These Drug Tests
- Usage Frequency This factor is the most influential on this list. THC in people who consume cannabis for the first time might only last for about three days, as long as it isn’t used again. However, cannabinoids in people who regularly use marijuana in any manner will be detected in the system for a longer time.
- Potency Some methods of using marijuana, such as dabbing, result in a higher THC intake. The more intake, the slower the body can break down its components.
- Gender Women have slower metabolisms than men, although there are things they can do to boost it, like exercising. However, if this is done right before a drug test, the results will likely be positive, since it is believed that physical activities causes fat cells to release THC. Also worth noting is that proper rehydration means that a lower THC concentration will show up in drug tests.
- Body Mass Index The amount of fat in the user’s body affects the metabolism, leading to a slower marijuana elimination. THC binds to fat, so users with high fat levels will take longer to process marijuana. This results in extended detection times of marijuana in the body.
- Genetics Genetics is one of the few detection factors that you can do nothing about, since they are inherent to your body. Some bodies have more drug-metabolizing enzymes compared to others. People who lack this enzyme are expected to have longer detection times.
- Hydration As mentioned earlier, the more water your body has, the faster it can metabolize cannabinoids. If you’re trying to have a negative result in your drug test, you might want to drink a lot of water to help your body decrease the concentration of THC.
- Overall Physical Health Since someone who is sick has a slower metabolism, their body gets rid of THC metabolites much slower compared to a healthy person.
- Age A person’s metabolism eventually slows down as time passes by. A person aged 65, for instance, will metabolize marijuana significantly slower than adolescents.
- Method of Use When marijuana is smoked, vaped, or dabbed, the THC levels in the body don’t tend to last as long as when cannabis is ingested through edibles.
- Drug Test Type Urine tests, the most common type of drug test, can detect marijuana 3 to 30 days after usage. Saliva tests detect marijuana from 1 to 8 days after the last use. Blood tests are far more reliable since they can detect marijuana just 3-4 hours after intake, while hair tests can detect marijuana in a user’s body even after 90 days.
Ways People Try to Beat a Drug Test
Getting Help For You or Your Teen
With the help of Key Healthcare in Los Angeles, you will be able to find a healthy and organized solution to teen drug addiction where the teen will be weaned off marijuana through a proven process. An individualized program will be developed to meet the lifestyle needs while providing the help needed. Psychological counseling is also provided to help determine the reasons for the drug use and develop a healthy lifestyle that is drug-free.
If you or a loved one are suffering from teen marijuana addiction, and are interested in teen marijuana treatment to quit and begin living life again – it is possible with the right kind of help. At Key Healthcare, we offer teen marijuana abuse treatment, and our highest level of care is teen residential treatment. We offer the kind of support you need to live a long life without an addiction hindering you every step of the way.